Users often face the issues when the data transfer speed on their Windows PC lowers. Some may know the solution, some not. As soon as they find the data transfer speed is declining, they immediately rush to the experts to ask for the maintenance and repair process. For their kind information, they can save this time and money by learning the solution for the issue themselves. But how?
In this article, users will get to know about certain helpful ways that can increase the transfer speed of sensitive data on Windows 10.
Methods To Fix Slow Data Transfer Speed On Windows 10
1. Disable Windows Auto-Tuning
Disabling Windows Auto-tuning may increase the file transfer speed on Windows 10. How? See the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + X and go to Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now type netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled and then press Enter button.
- You can now transfer files. Check the speed of the data transfer now. You can repeat the second step again. Then press Enter to turn on the auto-tuning mode again.
2. Turn Off Remote Differential Compression (RDC)
To increase the data transfer speed, you should disable or turn off the Remote Differential Compression feature in your Windows 10. The steps are given below to do so:
- Press Windows key + S. Enter Windows features. Now turn on or off the Windows features.
- Search and uncheck Remote Differential Compression. Click on OK.
- At the end Restart your PC.
- Repeat this process on all the computers on your network.
- Check if the problem is still the same.
3. Install USB 3.0 Drivers in Your PCs
Some computers have in-built USB 3.0 drivers. You can easily install the USB devices from USB ports. You can do this directly without installing the USB (3.0) drivers manually. The USB 3.0 driver download can be very beneficial in terms of data transfer speed. It helps in transferring data at a high speed rate between the USB drives and computers.
You can download USB 3.0 drivers by selecting any of the two methods described below.
- Download or Install Drivers from Manufacturers:
You can download or install the drivers from the manufacturers. Make sure that the manufacturer is official and safe for your computer. It can be your PC manufacturer, for example, Dell, Lenovo, HP, Acer, Asus, etc. It can also be a device manufacturer like Intel, CISCO, etc.
- Download and Update the Driver Automatically:
You can download the driver automatically using a free driver updater, such as Bit Driver Updater. It will enable you to scan and detect any problem with the drivers. It is one of the very user friendly driver updaters. It has amazing designs with various features. You can make use of Bit Driver updater to update USB 3.0 drivers easily and quickly. In this way you can choose any one method to install USB 3.0 drivers for your computer.
Also Read: Best Software to Convert YouTube to Mp3
4. Format USB Flash Drive to NTFS
To see an improvement in the data transfer speed, convert the USB flash drive from FAT 32 to NTFS. You will find some change in the rate of data transfer speed for sure. In case there is no change, we have the other option for you to follow ahead.
5. Disable Drive Indexing
Did you know? Windows have a special drive indexing feature for you. There, you can index all your files. This saves your time and efforts all together. But, indexing files reduces the data transfer speed. Therefore, it’s better to disable the drive indexing feature to stop the declining data transfer speed. For that follow these steps below:
- Go to ‘This PC’ or ‘File Explorer’.
- To turn off the indexing feature, select the Partition you want. Right-click on it and select ‘Properties’.
- Now uncheck the box ‘Allow files on this drive to have contents indexed in addition to file properties’. To enable the function, restart your computer.
You will find the Drive Indexing feature will be disabled now. This will help in increasing the data transfer speed. You can use the above ways to increase data transfer rate in Windows 10. You can choose the method of your choice. Hope you get the answers to all your problems through this article.